Makes a great topping on open sandwiches. Add the leftovers to cooked couscous, quinoa, tortellini, spaghetti or plain brown rice.
- ¼ cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1/2 pound broccoli, cut into ½ inch florets
- 1/2 pound cauliflower, cut into ½ inch florets
- 1/2 pound (2 medium) zucchini or other squash
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored and cut into thin strips
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup or more Golden Flaxseed Spread with Dates and Orange Juice, or other flavors
- ¼ cup pecans, toasted and coarsely crushed
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Heat the oil in a nonstick heavy skillet over moderately high heat. Add the vegetables and turmeric to the pan. Stir and cook until the veggies are just tender and lightly golden in places, about 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Sprinkle in the sesame seeds and salt and mix gently. Cover and cook until heated through. Transfer to a warmed serving platter. Spoon the Flaxseed Spread on top. Sprinkle with the pecans and garnish with cilantro. Serves 4 to 6 as a side dish.